- The queen of England does not have the right to vote in any British election.
- The queen of England has two birthdays.
- The Queen termite can live up to 50 years and have 30,000 children every day.
- The raised reflective dots in the middle of highways are called Botts
- The rapid rate of expansion of gas is what gives steam its power. One volume of water, at normal atmospheric pressure and at the boiling point, yields 1,670 volume of steam.
- The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days of yore when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
- The reason most mosquito bites itch is because mosquitoes inject saliva into the persons skin before they suck your blood. They take it out once they are done, but if they are forced to fly away, they don’t get a chance to draw the saliva out. And it is their saliva that causes the itch.
- The reason why the very beginning of The Wizard of Oz is black and white, is because color was not available at that point. When color was available, the writers decided to start using it in Munchkinland.
- The record for the biggest one day rainfall was set on Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean, on March 15, 1952, where 74 inches of rain fell in 24 hours.
- The record for the most weddings is held by King Mogul of Siam, who had 9000 weddings and 9000 wives.
- The red capes used to taunt bulls in bullfights is the same shade of red as the bull’s blood. That way you can’t tell it is covered with the bull’s blood by the end of the fight. Fight spectators like bullfighting, but not blood.`
- The red kangaroo of Australia can jump 27 feet in one bound.
- The red sea is not red.
- The red spot on the 7up cans comes from it’s inventor. He was an albino (albinos have red eyes).
- The regular garden variety caterpillar has 248 muscles in its head.
- The Republic of Israel was established April 23, 1948.
- The revolving door was invented August 7, 1888, by Theophilus Van Kannel, of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- The Ribbon worm will start eating itself to avoid starvation
- The ridges on the sides of coins are called reeding or milling.
- The right lung is slightly larger than the left
- The right side of a boat was called the starboard side due to the fact that the astronavigators used to stand out on the plank (which was on the right side) to get an unobstructed view of the stars. The left side was called the port side because that was the side that you put in on at the port.
- The river Danube empties into the Black Sea.
- The rose family of plants, in addition to flowers, gives us apples, pears, plums, cherries, almonds, peaches and apricots.
- The rosy periwinkle plant, found in Madagascar, is used to cure leukemia.
- The rumble that is created when a Harley’s engine runs has been patented by the company
- The Russian Imperial Necklace has been loaned out by Joseff jewelers of Hollywood for 1,215 different feature films.
- The S in Harry S Truman stands for nothing.
- The safety pin was patented in 1849 by Walter Hunt. He sold the patent rights for $400.
- The Sahara Desert expands at a rate of about 1 km each month.
- The Sahara desert is larger as Europe and large then the combined areas of next largest 9 deserts.
- The Sahara Desert is over twice as big as the second largest desert in the world, The Australian Desert. The Sahara is 3.5 million square miles compared to the 1.47 million square miles of the Australian. This is “true” in the generic sense of the Autralian Desert. There is no Australian Desert. It is divided into many different deserts. What would be true would be to say the Sahara is bigger than the desert space in Australia (which is A LOT not sure how much as a percentage of the total land mass of australia).
- The sailfish can swim faster than a horse can gallop.
- The saluki is the oldest known breed of domesticated dog. Carvings of animals resembling the saluki have been found in excavations of the Sumerian Empire. They are believed to have originated from between 6,000 and 7,000 B.C.
- The salute of uniform bodies (eg. army, police) originated from knights who lifted their visors to show their face to a royalty.
- The same material that is used to make bulletproof glass is also used in Tupperware’s Rock ‘n Serve containers. The container, however, is not entirely bulletproof. Due to the lifetime warrantee on Tupperware products, the company will replace it for FREE! (Just in case you’re in quick need of a shield and a Rock ‘n Serve is the only thing handy)
- The San Diego Zoo in California has the largest collection of animals in the world.
- The sandwich is named for the Fourth Earl of Sandwich (1718-92), for whom sandwiches were made so that he could stay at the gambling table without interruptions for meals.
- The Santa Maria was the only one of Columbus’s ships not to return to Spain. It hit a reef on December 5, 1492 and sank.
- The saying ‘once in a blue moon ‘ refers to the occurrence of two full moons during one calendar month. The last two occurred in January & March 1999. The next one isn’t until the end of 2001.
- The science-fiction series “Lost in Space” (set in the year 1997) premiered on CBS in 1965.
- The sea contains about 1/2 of the world’s known animal groups
- The Sea of tranquility is found on the moon.
- The SEALs have been deployed in Vietnam, Laos, Panama, Bosnia, Haiti, Somalia, and Colombia.
- The search engine “Lycos” is named for Lycosidae, the Latin name for the wolf spider family. Unlike other spiders that sit passively in their web, wolf spiders are hunters, actively stalking their prey.
- The secretary-bird swallow hen’s egg whole without breaking its shell.
- The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.” uses every letter of the alphabet!
Archive for the ‘Self Awareness’ Category
Posted by @ B H i on May 20, 2007
Posted by @ B H i on April 14, 2007
A student asks a teacher, “What is love?”
The teacher said, “in order to answer your question, go to the wheat
field and choose the biggest wheat and come back.
But the rule is: you can go through them only once and cannot turn back
The student went to the field, go thru first row, he saw one big wheat,
but he wonders….may be there is a bigger one later.
Then he saw another bigger one… but may be there is an even bigger
one waiting for him.
Later, when he finished more than half of the wheat field, he starts to
realise that the wheat is not as big as the previous one he saw, he
knew he has missed the biggest one, and he regretted.
So, he ended up went back to the teacher with empty hand. The teacher
told him, “…this is love… you keep looking for better ones, but
when later you realise, you have already missed the person.
Posted by @ B H i on March 24, 2007
***********Very serious matter **********
Just in case you were still wondering as to why India lost the final of the
2003 world cup after playing so well in the league games, probably here lies the answer…..
The teams that qualified for the super six stage…
India , Sri Lanka , Australia , New Zealand , Kenya ,Zimbabwe .
Note there are two teams each from the continents of Asia ,Australasia &
Africa respectively ..
The teams that have the last alphabet “a” in their names qualified for the
Indi’a’ , Australi’a’ , Keny’a’ & Sri Lank’a’.
The teams that have alphabets “ia” at the last of their name qualified for
the Final i.e
Ind “ia” & Austral”ia “.
Kisne World Cup ”lia” – Austra”lia”
Kisne World Cup “dia” – In”dia”
Posted in Analysis, Cricket World Cup 2007, Enjoy Life, Friends, Friends-Fun, Funny, Humor, Indian, Information, Jokes, Life, NIce Trick, Office, Poor Jokes, Random Thoughts, Self Awareness, Short Stories | 2 Comments »
Posted by @ B H i on March 16, 2007
January to december
sunday to saturday
Am to Pm
My feelings for u have never changed…….
a HEADACHE to me !!!!
When u feel lonely and alone & cannot see any one around you,
the world seems to be fading away,
come along with me
i’ll take u an eye specialist !!
If marriages are made in heaven , then what are made in Hell?
Ans : the days after marriage
During Marriage ceremony why is the bridegroom is made to sit on the horse ?
He is given his last chance to run away.
The husband leaned over, made a wish and threw in a penny.
The wife decided to make a wish,too. But she leaned over too much, fell into the well, and drowned.
The husband was stunned for a while but then smiled “It really works!”
LOVE is like a CIGAR
It starts with a fire….. continues with smoke…..and ends in ashes…
But dont worry – we are chain smokers
ur smile can be compared to a flower
ur voice can be compared to a cuckoo
ur inocence to a child
but in stupidity
u have no comparison
u r the best
True love is like a pillow
u can hug when u r in trouble
u can cry on when u r in pain & u can embrace when u r happy
so when u need true love
spend Rs.50/-Buy a pillow
when i ask u flower,
u give me bouquet
when i ask u a stone
u give me a statue
when i ask u a feather
u give me peacock
ARE U REALLY DEAF ?
I had VODKA with WATER
I felt DRUNK
I had WHISKY with WATER
I felt DRUNK
I had RUM with WATER
I felt DRUNK
I SWEAR I’LL NEVER DRINK water….!!!
when i call u;
1 ring means i’m thinking of u;
2 ring means i like u;
3 means i miss u;
4 means ………pick d phone idiot
Teacher : four beautiful ladies r walking on the road. change it to exclamatory sentence …
Student : WOW !
A cigarette shortens your life by 2 min..
A beer shortens your life by 4 min..
A working day shortens your life by 8 hours!!!!..
History Teacher : From where to where did the mughals rule ?
Student : sir, i am not sure but think from page 15 to 26 sir….
Teacher : U failure ! @ ur age Bill gates stood first in the class
Student : Mind u, Sir, but @ ur age hitler commited suicide
Posted by @ B H i on March 15, 2007
A first-grade teacher, Ms Neelam (Age 28) was having trouble with one of
The teacher asked,”Boy. what is your problem?”
Boy. answered, “I’m too smart for the first-grade! .My sister is in
the third-grade and I’m smarter than she is! I think I should be in the
Ms Neelam had enough. She took Boy. to the principal’s office.
While Boy. waited in the outer office, the teacher explained to the
principal what the situation was. The principal told Ms Neelam he would
give the boy a test and if he failed to answer any of his questions he was
to go back to the first-grade and behave.She agreed.
Boy. was brought in and the conditions were explained to him and he agreed
to take the test.
Princi! pal: “What is 3 x 3?”
Principal: “What is 6 x 6?”
And so it went with every question the principal thought a third-grade
should know. The principal looks at Ms Neelam and tells her, “I think Boy.
can go to the third-grade.”
Ms Neelam says to the principal, “I have some of my own questions.
Can I ask him ?” The principal and Boy. both agree.
Ms Neelam asks, “What does a cow have four of that I have only two of?
Boy., after a moment “Legs.”
M! s Nee lam: “What is in your pants that you have but I do not have?”
Ms Neelam: What starts with a C and ends with a T, is hairy,
oval, delicious and contains thin whitish liquid?
Ms Neelam: What goes in hard and pink then comes out soft And
sticky? The principal’s eyes open really wide and before he could
stop the answer, Boy. was taking charge.
Ms Neelam: What does a man do standing up, a woman does sitting
down and a dog does on three legs? The principal’s ey! es open
really wide and before he could stop the answer…
Boy.: Shake hands
Ms Neelam: Now I will ask some “Who am I” sort of questions, okay?
Ms Neelam: You stick your poles inside me. You tie me down to get me
up. I get wet before you do.
Ms Neelam: A finger goes in me. You fiddle with me when you’re
bored. The best man always has me first.The Principal was
looking restless, a bit tense and took one large Patiala Vodka peg.
Boy.: Wedding Ring
Ms Neelam: I come in many sizes. When I’m not well, I drip. When you
blow me, you feel good.
Ms Neelam: I have a stiff shaft. My tip penetrates. I come with a
Ms Neelam: What word starts with a ‘F’ and ends in ‘K’ that means lot
of heat and excitement?
Ms Neelam: What word starts with a ‘F’ and ends in ‘K’ & if u don’t get
it u have to use ur hand.
Ms Neelam: What is it that all men have one of it’s longer on some men
than on others, the pope doesn’t use his and a man gives it to his wife
after they’re married?
Ms Neelam: What part of the man has no bone but has muscles, has lots
of veins, like pumping, & is responsible for making love ?
The principal breathed a sigh of relief and said to the teacher,
“Send this Boy. to Delhi University, I got the last ten questions
Posted by @ B H i on March 15, 2007
IN THE CONFINES OF CUBICLES BY ARTIFICIAL LIGHT,
SIPIN COFFEE FROM THE MACHINES DAY N NIGHT,
SPEAKING ON THE PHONES IN THE MEETING WE SIT,
STARING AT THE MONITOR THE KEYBOARD WE HIT,
FAR AWAY FROM OUR LOVED ONES WHOM FOR,
DAYS WE DO NOT MEET,
REMEMBERING THEM WORKING ON OUR SEAT,
THIS IS LIFE FOR US AWAY FROM OUR LOVED ONES,
A VERY GOOD MORNING TO ALL SOFTWARE PROFESSIONALS
Posted by @ B H i on March 8, 2007
ON THE WOMAN DAY. TRIBUTE TO GREAT LADIES OF THE WORLD….
Dr Usha Menon
Posted by @ B H i on March 3, 2007
1. Business is made up of ambiguous victories and nebulous defeats. Claim them all as victories.
2. Keep track of what you do; someone is sure to ask You.
3. Be comfortable around Senior managers, or learn to fake it.
4. Never bring your boss a problem without some solution.
5. You are getting paid to think, not to whine.
6. Long hours don’t mean anything; results count, and not the efforts.
7. Write down ideas; or else they will get lost, like good pens.
8. Always arrive at work 30 minutes before your boss.
9. Help other people network for jobs. You never know when your turn will come.
10. Don’t take days off sick-unless you are.
11. Assume no one will / can keep a secret.
12. Know when you do your best: – morning, night, under pressure, relaxed; schedule and prioritize your work accordingly.
13. Treat everyone who works in the organization with respect and dignity, whether it be the Cleaner or the Managing director. Don’t ever be patronizing.
14. Never appear stressed in front of a client, a customer or your boss. Take a deep breath and ask yourself – In the course of human events, how important is this?
15. If you get the entrepreneurial urge, visit someone who has his own business. It will certainly cure you.
16. Acknowledging someone else’s contribution will always repay you doubly.
17. Career planning is an oxymoron. The most exciting opportunities tend to be unplanned.
18. Always choose to do what you’ll remember ten years from now.
19. The size of your office is not as important as the size of your pay cheque.
20. Understand what finished work looks like and deliver your work only when it is finished.
21.. The person who spends all of his or her time is not hard-working; he or she is boring.
22. Know how to write business letter including “Thank You” notes as well as Proposals.
23. Never confuse a Memo with reality. Most memos from the top are political fantasy.
24. Eliminate guilt. Don’t fiddle with expenses, taxes or benefits, and don’t cheat your colleagues.
25. Reorganizations mean that someone will lose his or her job. Get on the committee that will make the recommendations.
26. Job security does not exist anywhere.
27. Always have an answer to the question “What would I do if I lost my job tomorrow?”
28. Go to the company Christmas/Rain Dance party.
29. Don’t get drunk at the company Christmas/Rain Dance party.
30. Avoid working at weekends. Work longer during the week if you have to.
31. The most successful people in business are interesting.
32. Sometimes you’ll be on a winning streak and everything will click; take maximum advantage. When the opposite is true, hold steady and wait for it to be out.
33. Never in your life say, “It’s not my job.”
34. Be loyal to your career, your interests and yourself.
35. Understand the skills and abilities that set you apart. Use them whenever you have an opportunity.
36.People remember the end of the project. As they say in boxing, “Always finish stronger than you start.”
Life – Love it or Change it…
Posted by @ B H i on February 15, 2007
Colours propel their presence in all locales and objects that we encounter in our day-to-day activities. Colours also specify certain moods and qualities. Take a glimpse at the significance of colours and use them appropriately in your Valentine’s Day attire and gifts.
Red (Already Booked).Red is the colour of energy, liveliness, love and sexual passion. That is why red roses, red attires and gifts wrapped in red play a dominant role on Valentine’s Day. Red communicates your passion towards your beloved or towards love itself. Maroon and brick red symbolize fun and love.
Pink/Rose (I am Freeeeeeeeeeee)Pink is an expression of freshness, love, affection, understanding and sweetness. Pink can be the ideal choice for Valentine’s Day and will subtly help bring to surface the love for your partner. It can also add more love into your lives.
Orange is the colour of energy, creativity and practicality. It also denotes happiness and can pep up your moods when your spirits are low.
Yellow (Ready for a friendship)Yellow signifies inspiration, spontaneity, communication and novelty. This colour’s liveliness and vitality encourage conversation. So communicate your feelings for your loved one near a soft yellow flamed candle. A Yellow dress for a woman will do well on Valentine’s Day.
Blue (Going 2 Propose)Light blue symbolizes creativity, perceptivity and sensitivity. It also ushers a peaceful and a calm scenario and so is effective to smoothen or balance your emotions. Freshness is one of its properties and is suggested if you prefer a more steady and paced approach to your feelings. Dark blue signifies intelligence, self-reliance and deep feelings. A combination of blue and green can promote self-expression. Dark blue can be an ideal colour for a man for Valentine’s Day outfit.
Green (Accepted Proposal)Green suggests humanism, benevolence, observance and caution. Though a bit cautious in every approach in life and relationships, it induces understanding which is one of the most important requirements in one’s relationship. Dark green shirt for a man and lighter shades of green for women’s outfit will make good Valentine’s Day attires.
Purple(Not interested)Purple denotes intuition. Intuitions play a major role in romance. This in turn can induce passion. Grapes are always oriented with love and wine is always a chosen gift for the loved one during Valentine’s Day. Purple is purely feminine and a light purple or a mauve outfit for a woman will generate cuteness on Valentine’s Day.
White (Leave me alone) White is a colour of purity, optimism and innocence. It consists of all the colours in the spectrum. White roses given to your beloved can mean ‘ You are celestial’ or ‘our love is pure’. They can be employed denoting the impeccable love that has stood the test of time and trials. Both men and women can choose a white outfit for the Valentine’s Day.
Grey (Broke up)Grey denotes good judgment capabilities and also non-involvement. So it may not be the right colour to be chosen for Valentine’s Day dress or a setting. Though a beautiful shade on its own, it does not bring in the freshness desired for Valentine’s Day when worn by a woman. However a grey outfit for man can look fine.
Black / Brown (Proposal rejected)Black and Brown can both be incorporated in a man’s Valentine’s Day attire individually. Black denotes independence, authority and boldness while brown stands for honesty and a down to earth attitude towards life. Women can opt for more feminine and pastel shades for Valentine’s Day.
So choose your outfits and gifts with the appropriate colours on this Valentine’s Day!!!!
Hope you are in right dress code so that nobody is misguided.
Posted by @ B H i on February 1, 2007
Dr. Phil gave this test on Oprah. Some folks pay a lot of money to find this stuff out. Read on, this is very interesting!
Here’s something that you may find interesting psychological profile don’t be overly sensitive! The following is pretty accurate. And it only takes 2 minutes. Take this test for yourself and send it to your friends, including the one who sent it, and let them know who you are.
The person who sent it placed their score in the subject box. Please do the same before forwarding to your friends.
Don’t peek but begin the test as you scroll down and answer. Answers are for who you are now … not who you were in the past.
Have pen or pencil and paper ready. This is a real test given by the Human Relations Dept. at many of the major corporations today. It helps them get better insight concerning their employees and prospective employees.
There are only 10 simple questions, so …. grab a pencil and paper, keeping track of your letter answers.
Make sure to change the subject of the e-mail to read YOUR total. When you’re finished, forward this to everyone you know, and also send it to the person who sent this to you.
Make sure to put YOUR score in the subject box. Ready?? Begin..
1. When do you feel your best?
a) in the morning
b) during the afternoon and early evening
c) late at night
2. You usually walk
a) fairly fast, with long steps
b) fairly fast, with little steps
c) less fast head up, looking the world in the face
d) less fast, head down
e) very slowly
3. When talking to people you
a) stand with your arms folded
b) have your hands clasped
c) have one or both your hands on your hips
d) touch or push the person to whom you are talking
e) play with your ear, touch your chin, or smooth your hair
4. When relaxing, you sit with
a) your knees bent with your legs neatly side by side
b) your legs crossed
c) your legs stretched out or straight
d) one leg curled under you
5. When something really amuses you, you react with
a) a big, appreciative laugh
b) a laugh, but not a loud one
c) a quiet chuckle
d) a sheepish smile
6. When you go to a party or social gathering
a) make a loud entrance so everyone notices you
b) make a quiet entrance, looking around for someone you know
c) make the quietest entrance, trying to stay unnoticed
7. You’re working very hard, concentrating hard, and you’re interrupted; do you …
a) welcome the break
b) feel extremely irritated
c) vary between these two extremes
8. Which of the following colours do you like most?
a) Red or orange
c) yellow or light blue
e) dark blue or purple
g) brown or grey
9. When you are in bed at night, in those last few moments before going to sleep, you lie
a) stretched out on your back
b) stretched out face down on your stomach
c) on your side, slightly curled
d) with your head on one arm
e) with your head under the covers
10. You often dream that you are
b) fighting or struggling
c) searching for something or somebody
d) flying or floating
e) you usually have dreamless sleep
f) your dreams are always pleasant
Read the rest of this entry »